Sunday, March 13, 2011

Who needs a gun?

We have guns in our home, real and toys. The boys are aware of the differences and the responsibilities that come with each. In the beginning we didn't have toy guns. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about having my boys play with them and then one day it became clear. AJ came in to the room with a barbie in his hands - I admit to feeling proud that my son was over-coming gender designated toy rules. And then he walked over, bent Barbie in half aimed her at me and said bang bang!

I realized then that my boys were boys and liked guns. Since then we have accumulated quite the hoard but it still doesn't matter because they are quite adept at making anything into a gun! This week alone Eli has turned the following items into guns:

*the spout on Maddax's cereal box
*Pancake batter dispense
*hot wheel tracks
*hangers
*toilet paper/paper towel tubes
*hair brush/comb
*scrub brush
*straws
*blow dryer
*plastic fish
*dinosaur toys
*boot
*rolling pin
*wooden spoon
*grater
*fly swatter
*shoe horn
*ruler
*remote
*vacuum tools
*dustbuster
*spatula
*potato masher
*baster

No comments:

Post a Comment